Dismiss Modal

Frequently Asked Questions Page

Who should I contact for placement at WakeMed Health & Hospitals?

Where should I send my credentialing documents such as proof of orientation?

  • Nursing, EMS, and Allied Health: Please send your credentialing documents to your school. We audit the schools periodically for compliance.
  • Graduate Medical Education: Please follow the directions from Lara Radford, lradford@wakemed.org

Do I need to attend orientation?

  • Orientation for Allied Health and Nursing is accomplished through two online modules. Proof of orientation is to be kept on file with the school.
    • The Consortium for Clinical Education and Practice Core Orientation
    • The WakeMed-Specific Orientation

Where should I park?

  • All students should park in employee parking areas.

Should I wear my school badge?

  • Nursing, Nurse Aide, and EMS students are issued generic WakeMed badges and two-part badge holders. The school photo ID badge should be worn above the WakeMed badge, so that both badges are visible at all times.
  • Allied Health students are issued WakeMed photo IDs.
  • Post-Licensure students may be issued a personalized WakeMed badge that must be worn when doing student work at WakeMed.
  • Graduate Medical Education: Contact Lara Radford, lradford@wakemed.org with questions.