Dismiss Modal

How can I obtain an identification badge (for clergy, contractors, interns, fellows, etc.)?

  • Clergy - Members of clergy must first submit an application to WakeMed Spiritual Care Services. Once that application is approved, the clergy member will be authorized to obtain a WakeMed identification badge.
  • Contractors - Each subcontractor working at any WakeMed facility must obtain an identification badge. Approval for this badge is given by the director of the WakeMed department in which the subcontractor will be working.
  • Employees, Residents, Interns, Fellows, etc. - Approval for these individuals is given by the manager or supervisor of the department/unit in which they are working or participating.

Identification badges can be obtained at the ID Badge Office at the following times:

  • Monday: 8:00am - 11:30am and 2:00pm - 4:00pm
  • Tuesday - Thursday: 8:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00 - 4:00pm
  • Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 3:00pm

The ID Badge Office is located at the main entrance of WakeMed Raleigh and within the Campus Police Operations Headquarters. There is a $15.00 fee for all lost identification badges. Damaged badges are replaced at no cost.

How can I contact WakeMed Campus Police & Public Safety?

For any police or security emergency while on any WakeMed campus, call 919-350-3333 or simply dial 03333 if calling from an internal WakeMed telephone.

For a non-emergency police or security concerns, call the Central Communications Center at 919-350-8171 or simply dial 08171 if calling from an internal WakeMed telephone.

For an emergency or non-emergency situation that may occur around one of our WakeMed Hospital campuses or Healthplex locations there are emergency call boxes around at these locations in key places. To call for assistance press the CALL button located on one of the Emergency Call Boxes (many designated by the blue light).

When should I contact Campus Police & Public Safety?

  • Anytime you may feel uncomfortable about your or another individuals safety or security on a WakeMed Campus.
  • When you need assistance with your vehicle (jump-start, keys locked in vehicle, etc.)
  • When you wish to report any type of incident or crime that occurred on a WakeMed campus or property.
  • To secure a patient's belongings or valuables.
  • Anytime you may have questions regarding parking, security, safety, etc.

What can I do if I would like an escort to/from my vehicle at one of our staffed facilities?

You may contact the Campus Police & Public Safety Central Communications Center at extension 08171 (if calling from an internal WakeMed telephone) or at 919-350-8171.