Find Doctors, Wait Times, and Your Way
Reserve Your SpotUrgent Care
Search for a Doctor
Centers of Excellence
WakeMed PhysicianPractices Specialties
WakeMed PhysicianPractices Locations
Find a Service Location
This recipe is intended for patients who have successfully completed the Clear Liquids phase and are in the Full Liquids stage.
1. In a large bowl, use a whisk or an electric mixer to beat egg substitute until it becomes somewhat lighter in color. Slowly add the splenda, beating after each addition, whisking until fluffy.
2. Combine the milk, and cinnamon in a thick-bottomed saucepan. Slowly heat on medium heat until the milk mixture is steamy hot, but not boiling.
3. Temper the eggs by slowly adding half of the hot milk mixture into the eggs, whisking constantly while you add the hot mixture. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
4. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the mixture begins to thicken slightly, and coats the back of the spoon. It helps to have a candy thermometer, but not necessary; if you have one, cook until the mixture reaches 160°F. Do not allow the mixture to boil, or it will curdle. (If the mixture does curdle you may be able to save it by running it through a blender.) Remove from heat and stir in the half & half. Let cool for one hour.
5. Mix in vanilla extract and nutmeg, Chill.
Yield: Makes 1 quart. Serves 4-6.
3000 New Bern Ave.
Raleigh, NC 27610