Centers of Excellence
Find a Service Location
Is weight loss surgery for you? Get your questions answered during a free information session.
Installation And Access Instructions for VMware View for Mac OS X Users
In order to run WakeMed desktop applications from a VMware View Desktop, you will need to install the VMware View Client software. If you have this application already installed, you can skip this section of the document and connect to WakeMed.
Installing the VMware View Client
1. Connect to https://desktop.wakemed.org.
2. At the VMware View Portal, click on the link to install the View Client.
3. You should see the app download as it progresses. Once it is finished click on this button to open the Downloads folder (or access this same folder from the Dock Bar icon).
4. Double-click on the file VMware-viewclient.dmg to open the archive and click agree to accept the EULA.
5. Install the VMware View Client to your Applications folder by dragging the VMware View Client icon on the left to the Applications folder on the right.
6. After the installation has completed, close the VMware View Client installation window. You can now also right-click on the “VMware View Client” icon on the desktop and select the “Eject “VMware View Client””.
Accessing WakeMed’s VMware View Desktop
1. To access a View desktop, open the Applications folder and double-click on the “VMware View Client” application icon.
2. Click the Open button to get connected to WakeMed's View Environment.
3. In the VMware View Client, click the cloud to add a server.
4. When prompted for the View Connection Server name, enter https://desktop.wakemed.org then click the continue button.
5. When prompted, enter your WakeMed username and password, then click the continue button.
6. You will now be able to select a VMware View pool, or pools, from which you would like to connect to. Connect to a pool by double-clicking on the pool icon.
7. Once connected to a desktop, use it like you would a physical workstation within WakeMed.
8. When finished, log out of Windows to end your session.
3000 New Bern Ave.
Raleigh, NC 27610