All WakeMed patients now have access to WakeMed MyChart, an online patient portal that provides 24/7 access to portions of your electronic medical record. WakeMed MyChart saves you time and allows you to better manage your health through convenient access to important clinical information.
WakeMed hospital patients can use WakeMed MyChart to:
- View a clinical summary of your recent hospital stay, including vital signs, diagnoses, test results, a current medication list, discharge instructions and more.
- View even more clinical information and enjoy more MyChart functionality as we continue to upgrade our new comprehensive electronic medical record system.
Patients of WakeMed Physician Practices can use WakeMed MyChart to:
- Schedule or request appointments with WakeMed Physician Practices providers.
- Save time by filling out health history information before your appointment.
- View details from all outpatient appointments, including lab results, testing, diagnoses, medications, etc.
- Communicate with your outpatient providers and request prescription refills by the click of a button.
Some Things to Know about Signing Up
- To sign up, you will need a one-time activation code. If you do not have one, you can request an activation code online.
- Please note that the activation code will expire after two weeks.
- Proxy access is available for parents and caregivers. To gain proxy access, you can complete a proxy access form at your child's physician's office. If your child was a patient at the WakeMed Children's Emergency Department, you will receive a proxy access form in the mail. Note: Proxy access for children ages 12 to 17 may only offer access to certain allergy, immunization, preventive care and billing information. Proxy access will termintate when the patient turns 18 years old.
E-mail email@example.com or call (919) 350-2288 to speak with a member of the WakeMed MyChart staff.
Remember, WakeMed MyChart is NOT to be used for urgent needs. For medical emergencies, dial 911.
Sign up today!