Volunteering as a college student can be a very valuable experience. It enables you to give back to the community and learn more about the healthcare field. We are glad you are considering a volunteer placement at WakeMed.
General Requirements and Things to Consider Before Applying To Volunteer
- Must be able to volunteer weekly for 2 to 4 hours
- The hospital requires current immunizations for volunteers. This includes: MMR, Varicella Titer and two-step TB skin test. Hepatitis B series is recommended for patient care areas.
- Must complete a FLU vaccine annually
- Able to communicate well in English (second language skills are a plus).
- Please be aware that we do not accept applications for court ordered community service hours.
- If you are interested in job shadowing opportunity or internship please email our Workforce Development department.
- Processing time for applications can take from 3 to 5 weeks
Comprehensive testing, training and orientation are provided for each of our applicants. As a result we ask for a significant commitment from our volunteers. To join our team, we ask you to:
- Be willing to complete an in-person interview
- Be willing and able to make a commitment to volunteer for a period of six months to one year
- Be willing to submit to a criminal background check
- Complete a two-step tuberculosis screening and medical screening
- Complete an orientation packet
Search Our Current Openings
To complete the online application, please select the location you are most interested in below: