Your nurse will give you verbal and written instructions for home. An adult must be available to drive you home. During the first 24 hours after your surgery, a responsible adult should stay with you. Please do not stay alone. The post-op nurse will attempt to call you the day after surgery to check on your progress.
You should also:
- Avoid driving for 24 hours.
- Avoid tasks that involve the use of appliances or machinery.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid making critical decisions.
- Ask your doctor when you can resume your normal activities, such as work, exercise or school.