Centers of Excellence
Find a Service Location
Is weight loss surgery for you? Get your questions answered during a free information session.
New Year, New You! Make 2014 the year your resolutions for a healthier you become a reality.
The health and wellness of the communities we serve are important to WakeMed. Our physicians, dietitians, exercise specialists and more are here to help you make smart, healthy choices throughout the year.
Adults and children who learn to eat right and exercise regularly are less likely to develop chronic health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes and obesity.
Reducing your daily consumption by 100 calories could help you lose 10 pounds this year. Here are a few easy tips to cut 100 calories from your diet each day:
• Eat 3 to 4 fewer spoonfuls at each meal.
• Eat a healthy breakfast – it can help you maintain a healthy weight and not overindulge later in the day.
• Drink one less soda, tea or other sugary drink each day.
• Reduce your portion of rice or pasta by ½ cup.
• Use tuna packed in water instead of oil (yes, even if you drain it).
• Substitute lettuce and tomato for a slice of cheese.
• Cut back your meat serving by 1 to 2 ounces or try Meatless Mondays.
• Don’t eat chips or snack food out of the bag. Measure what you’re eating, and you can save up to 150 calories per ounce of chips you pass up.
• Get plenty of sleep and stay hydrated (with water).
Resources for a healthier you
Talk with your primary care physician or a dietitian about your nutrition and fitness goals. Book an appointment today with one of our primary care physicians or schedule an individual nutrition counseling session with one of our dietitians.
3000 New Bern Ave.
Raleigh, NC 27610