About Our Chaplains
Chaplains are specially trained to work with hospital patients and families and are available 24-hours-a-day, seven days a week to minister to your needs.
Who Calls the Chaplain?
Patients, family members or friends who may be:
- Anxious, upset, or worried
- Feeling angry or guilty
- Feeling sad and/or hopeless
- Facing significant loss
- In need of spiritual strength
- Having difficulty coping
- Questioning self, relationships, and/or God
- Facing end of life decisions
- Thankful and wanting to celebrate
What might the Chaplain offer you?
- A non-anxious presence and listening ear
- Acceptance and respect
- Spiritual support and care
- Help in obtaining information
- Spiritual resources appropriate for your beliefs
- Contact with representative of your faith community upon request
- Conflict resolution
- Help in sorting through difficult decisions
- Information regarding Advanced Health Care Directives for Natural Death and Health Care Power of Attorney
Contacting a Chaplain How to Contact a Chaplain?
- Have the nurse contact the Chaplain
- During weekdays, for WakeMed Raleigh, call the office at (919)350-8556
- For WakeMed Cary, call (919)350-2536
- Have staff or hospital switchboard contact the on-call Chaplain