About North Hospital
If you build it, they will come!
We're counting down the months until the Mother's Day 2015 grand opening of Wake County's fifth full-service hospital, WakeMed North Hospital. WakeMed North Healthplex at 10000 Falls of Neuse Road in Raleigh is currently being transformed into a 248,800-sq. ft., 61-bed acute care hospital with a focus on inpatient women's specialty services. We'll offer a full range of obstetric and gynecological services, including comprehensive preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic care.
Our patients will have access to:
- Women's medical and surgical services
- Childbirth facilities, including labor and delivery, postpartum care, and a Coaches' Corner for labor support persons with snacks and Wi-Fi access
- Mother/baby services with lactation resources, a well-baby nursery, a six-bed Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and newborn hearing screening
- Imaging services, including bone density testing, mammography, ultrasound, diagnostic radiology, MRI and CT scan
- Pathology services
- State-of-the-art reception, registration and waiting areas
- A gift shop featuring flowers, locally made gifts and boutique items
- A full-service cafeteria and dining room
- A meditation room
- Covered patient drop-off and pick-up areas and several convenient parking options
WakeMed North Hospital will continue to serve men and children through the facility's existing emergency department and outpatient surgery, rehabilitation, imaging, lab and physician services.