About North Hospital
If you build it, they will come!
We're counting down the months until the Mother's Day 2015 grand opening of Wake County's fifth full-service hospital, WakeMed North Hospital. WakeMed North Healthplex at 10000 Falls of Neuse Road in Raleigh is currently being transformed into a 248,800-sq. ft., 61-bed, full-service women's hospital designed with the unique needs of women in mind. It will feature a tranquil environment as well as amenities tailored to our patients' needs.
- Staffed 24/7 by specialty-trained obstetricians and gynecologists, known as "hospitalists," who will support your physician
- Women's medical and surgical services – From gynecology to urogynecology, we will offer women of every age access to a wide variety of health services
- Childbirth Facilities – Spacious, comfortable Labor & Delivery rooms and C-section rooms
- Spacious, family-centered post-partum unit will feature a dedicated family lounge area including a desk with Wi-Fi access and a Coaches' Lounge
- Six-bed Level III Special Care Nursery
- Lactation resources
- Dedicated triage unit
- Environmentally friendly design (LEED Certified)
- 24-hour, on-demand room service and dining facilities
- Childbirth education classes (starting Spring/Summer 2015)
WakeMed North Hospital will continue to serve men and children through the facility's existing emergency department and outpatient surgery, rehabilitation, imaging, lab and physician services.