Day Treatment Program
WakeMed offers the Triangle's only Day Treatment Program.
The focus of the WakeMed Day Treatment Program is to help patients reestablish themselves in the community through career, school, transportation, and/or leisure activities.
This is an intensive program that has earned national Spinal Cord Injury Specialty Program Accreditation by CARF. Some unique aspects of the WakeMed Day Treatment Program include:
- A team approach to care including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, case management and neuropsychology
- Unique community reintegration assistance to help patients and families cope and adjust and meet financial and medical needs
- Oversight of therapy by a physiatrist who specializes in neurological conditions
- Connections with North Carolina Spinal Cord Injury Association support groups, adaptive sports (wheelchair basketball, tennis, quad rugby) teams and other independence-minded services
- Specialized spinal cord injury team that provides wheelchair assessment, driving screenings, adaptive equipment and environmental/assistive technology