It takes more than technology to regain confidence and independence. It takes the right people - compassionate people - who have the skills and community connections to help patients continue with therapy and exercise, maintain a positive attitude and do everyday things.
The WakeMed Spinal Cord Injury Program team includes professionals with special skills to support patients at all stages of the care continuum. Team members include:
- Physiatrists (physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians)
- Physician assistants and nurse practitioners
- Rehabilitation nurses and aides
- Admissions nurses
- Physical therapists and aides
- Occupational therapists and aides
- Speech language pathologists
- Recreation therapists
- Clinical case managers
- Respiratory therapists
- Scully, a fully trained service dog from Canine Companions for Independence. Scully helps patients with their balance, range of motion, transition to the community and motivation. Learn more about our pet-assisted therapy program.