Day Surgery at Raleigh Campus
Welcome to Day Surgery
Please read this information carefully, and follow all the instructions for your scheduled procedure. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 919-350-8730.
Two types of patients come to the Day Surgery Center:
- Outpatients – patients who have their procedure or surgery and go home by 8:30 pm the same day.
- Outpatients to be admitted – patients who come to the Day Surgery Center the same day as their procedure or surgery and are admitted to a hospital room from the recovery room.
What to Expect Before & After Your Visit
The Patient Registration entrance is located just past the Andrews Center. Parking is in the Orange Deck (P3) across from Patient Registration. This deck is to be used by you and your escort on the day of your surgery.
WakeMed visitors will park in a separate parking deck. Please see the enclosed map for directions to Visitor Parking, Green Deck (P1).
Surgery may be canceled when:
- Food and drink guidelines are not followed.
- No responsible adult is available to drive you home or stay with you for 24 hours after surgery.
- There are unexpected changes in your medical condition.
- You arrive late on the day of your surgery.
If you need to cancel your appointment for surgery, please contact your surgeon.
The WakeMed Raleigh Campus
Take the I-440 Beltline to Exit 13A onto New Bern Avenue heading toward downtown Raleigh. After you cross over Yonkers and Sunnybrook roads, you will see the WakeMed Raleigh Campus on your left. Enter at the Emergency entrance and proceed straight ahead to the P3 Orange parking deck on your left. After you enter the hospital, go to Patient Registration.