For Our Employees
HealthyMe April Seminars: Go Low: Healthy Habits for Controlling Blood Pressure
High blood pressure – it can be really tough to manage or avoid if your family history or lifestyle puts you at risk for developing it. Providers from WPP Primary Care are here to help with this month’s HealthyMe seminars:
- WakeMed North: Tuesday, April 19, noon to 12:45 pm, Conference Room, with Sukaina Ahmad, MD, WPP – Falls Pointe Medical Group
- Raleigh Campus: Friday, April 22, noon to 12:45 pm, Heart Center Conference Center, with John Holly, MD, WPP – Brier Creek Medical Group
- Cary Hospital: Friday, April 22, noon to 12:45 pm, Conference Center, with Swapna Chenna, MD, WPP – Brier Creek Medical Group
Contribute to Our Cultural Heritage Recipe Collection
As part of Diversity & Inclusion Awareness Month, we are collecting recipes that represent the diverse cultural heritages of our employees. To participate, send your recipe – along with a sentence or two about the significance of the dish – to email@example.com. Recipes will be compiled and posted for the whole WakeMed family to enjoy.
Wake Way Behaviors: Teamwork
Our Wake Way focus for the month of April is Teamwork. As part of our every-time behavior expectations, WakeMed employees should:
- Show pride in WakeMed and the work that I do
- Be a team player
- Support a positive work environment
As part of the training this month, you’ll have the opportunity to explore the many teams that we all contribute to, what it means to be a team player and how we can work to improve the skills and strengths we bring to the team.