WakeMed PGY-2 Pharmacy Residency Program: Critical Care
The PGY-2 Critical Care Residency Program at WakeMed Health & Hospitals provides residents with the experience and knowledge necessary to become competent practitioners in critical care pharmacy practice.
The critical care residency program builds upon the core competencies achieved during a PGY-1 residency, while expanding the resident's ability to provide care for complex critically ill patients.
The resident will excel in the care of critical care patients in any setting. Excellence will be achieved by completing the following objectives:
- Provide exceptional patient care and unsurpassed service in a critical care setting
- Critically evaluate published literature to create and redesign evidence-based pharmacotherapeutic regimens
- Provide drug information and identify opportunities to contribute to the body of medical literature
- Develop leadership and practice management skills within and outside of the employing institution
- Participate in clinical research, medication use evaluations and performance improvement projects focused on critical care pharmacotherapy
- Develop collaborative relationships with members of the multi-disciplinary patient care team
- Identify opportunities to improve patient and/or provider quality and safety
- Provide experiential training and/or education to health care professionals
- Prepare the resident to accept a position within an acute care or non-tenure track faculty setting
Program Start Date: July 1, 2014
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy
- Licensure/eligibility for licensure in North Carolina
- Completion of a post-graduate year one pharmacy practice residency
- Exceptional knowledge, communication skills, and leadership qualities. Qualified candidates will be invited for an on-site interview.
Number of Positions: 1
J. Erin Allender, PharmD, BCPS
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist - Critical Care Cardiology
Residency Director, PGY-2 Critical Care