WakeMed Foundation Adds Six New Board Members
Addition of New Board Members to Continue Foundation’s Philanthropic Mission
RALEIGH, N.C. – The WakeMed Foundation welcomes six new board members, bringing the total board membership to 29. The new board members include:
* Paul L. Brunswick, president of General Management Advisory, advises CEOs on strategies to maximize shareholder value.
* William L. Dawkins, North Carolina president of Regions Financial Corporation, is responsible for all banking operations in North Carolina for Regions Financial Corporation.
* R. Gordon Grubb, chief executive officer, of Grubb Ventures, LLC, focuses on in-fill development in Raleigh.
* Rusine Mitchell-Sinclair is the highest-ranking official for IBM in Research Triangle Park, serving as vice president strategy and implementation, IBM Global IT Delivery, senior state executive for North Carolina.
* Charles M. Winston, Jr., president, The Winston Management Company, is the former owner of 13 Golden Corral Restaurants and is co-owner of Winston’s Grille.
* Michael A. Weeks serves as architect-president of Weeks Turner Architecture, P.A., where he manages real estate entities that own commercial industrial and office space in Wake County and develops residential subdivisions in southern Wake County and Georgia.
“This is the largest number of new appointments since the Foundation was created 12 years ago,” commented Kevin McCarthy, vice president of development and executive director of the WakeMed Foundation. “The quality and caliber of the individuals reflects not only the type of people WakeMed attracts, but speaks volumes on the importance our community and business leaders place on keeping WakeMed's mission strong. Their collective talents, enthusiasm and dedication to the Foundation's philanthropic mission will help strengthen the financial resources needed to take WakeMed to the next level.”
These six individuals were chosen to further the Foundation’s mission of raising money to support WakeMed, a private, not-for-profit hospital system. The new appointments have significant, varied experience in fields of banking, finance, business and real estate and are all leaders with a long history of community support.
“Our new board members will serve as excellent ambassadors for the Foundation to deliver WakeMed’s mission and values to the community we serve,” continued McCarthy.
About WakeMed Foundation
WakeMed Foundation is the charitable resource for WakeMed Health & Hospitals, supporting the health system in its commitment to providing quality healthcare to all citizens of the community. The WakeMed Foundation is dedicated to building support for WakeMed Health & Hospitals through leadership development, fund raising and educational awareness as the health and hospitals system meets the needs for quality health care programs and services for all citizens of the community.