Campus Police & Public Safety Services
The WakeMed Campus Police & Public Safety Department exists to protect and serve the employees, patients, and visitors of the WakeMed Health & Hospital system.
The department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and can be reached by calling the Central Communications Center at (919) 350-8171.
For any Emergency Assistance dial 919-350-3333 or 03333 from any internal WakeMed telephone.
- Keys locked in vehicle? We can assist by using a Slim Jim or similar device.
- Dead car battery? We can provide a jump-start using a Public Safety vehicle and battery jumper cables.
- Vehicle lights left on? Campus Police & Public Safety will contact you if you have left your lights on during your shift or visit.
- Leaving or arriving alone during hours of darkness? Call Campus Police & Public Safety and request an escort to or from your vehicle.
- Crime prevention? This is one job everyone must do. Don't leave purses, wallets, or other items of value in unlocked places. Place your valuables and coats in your locker or in a locked drawer. If you do become the victim of crime, please report it as soon as possible. Remember, crime prevention starts with you.
- Bewildered, lost, or confused? Give us a call. Maybe we can help you find your way or the answer to your question.
- Provide continuous interior and exterior police patrols on all WakeMed campuses
- Provide stationary security at numerous stationary police and security posts
- Conduct continuous surveillance by monitoring hundreds of digital surveillance cameras
- Investigate incidents of criminal activity
- Enforce motor vehicle laws by issuing state citations for violations
- Store and protect patient's valuables during times of hospital admissions
- Provide all WakeMed identification badges for employees, contractors, clergy, fellows, interns, etc.
- Maintain all WakeMed electronic and key locking access systems
Complete State of North Carolina reports
- DMV Traffic Accident Reports
- Incident/Investigation Reports
Interested in working with the WakeMed Campus Police & Public Safety Department?