Bringing convenient, accessible health care to Wake Forest, Wakefield and North Raleigh
WakeMed North Family Health & Women's Hospital is a state-of-the-art medical complex that offers convenient access to a variety of outpatient, diagnostic and treatment options. Our imaging services are available to women, men and children of all ages alike.
WakeMed is designated a Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology, one of the largest and most influential medical associations in the United States. Our radiology services offer convenient access to a wide range of diagnostic imaging, including:
Our procedures include diagnostic imaging as well as the following services:
- Bone density testing - A test that tells you if you have normal bone density, low bone density (osteopenia) or osteoporosis. It is the only test that can diagnose osteoporosis. The lower your bone density, the greater your risk of breaking a bone.
- Mammography – A diagnostic screening tool that uses low-energy X-rays to examine the human breast with the purpose of early detection of breast cancer,
- Ultrasound – A test that uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of organs and systems within the body.
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) - a medical imaging technique using strong magnetic fields and radiowaves to form images of the body
- CT Scan (Computerized Tomography) - combines a series of X-ray views taken from many different angles and computer processing to create cross-sectional images of the bones and soft tissues inside the body.
- Fluoroscopy – An imaging technique that uses X-rays to obtain real-time moving images of the internal structures of a patient through the use of a machine called a fluoroscope.
Appointments are readily available, and routine X-rays can be done on a walk-in basis. A physician's order is required for all exams.
Make an appointment by calling 919-350-7000.
Same day appointments can be made by calling 919-350-8566.