Healthworks Fitness & Wellness Center SilverSneakers® Program
WakeMed Healthworks is a Healthways SilverSneakers® Fitness Program participating facility. SilverSneakers is the nation’s leading exercise program designed exclusively for older adults.
To qualify, individuals must be eligible members of a Medicare health plan, group retiree plan or Medicare Supplement carrier that offers the SilverSneakers Fitness Program. To find out if you qualify, call the number on your health plan ID card, visit SilverSneakers.com or call 1-888-423-4632 (TTY: 711).
SilverSneakers® is a registered mark of Healthways, Inc.
We hope you enjoy WakeMed Healthworks and all we have to offer. Here is some general information to help you get acquainted with our center:
- Our SilverSneakers® membership is an entirely independent exercise program that includes an equipment orientation, full use of our exercise facility on your own, and a complete schedule of on-land group exercise classes. This membership does NOT include one-on-one sessions with a trainer or access to a pool.
- Healthworks’ operating hours are Monday through Friday from 6 am to 7 pm.
- Prior to beginning your exercise program you will be asked to complete a health history questionnaire and liability waiver. You will then be eligible to sign up for your equipment orientation.
- After your orientation, if it is determined that an independent exercise program is NOT the best and safest option for you, we will be happy to discuss other program options that may better meet your fitness needs.
- On every visit, participating members are required to swipe card and press the #1 key on the card reader. If you do not have a card, please give your name to a front desk staff member.
- Lockers are free for daily use. Please bring your own lock. There is a rental fee of $5/month if you would like to keep items overnight.
- Please park in the P1 Visitor Parking deck. Parking is free when using the fitness center. If you have a handicap-accessible parking tag, you can park in the front of the building, where there are a limited number of accessible parking spaces. Parking passes can be obtained at our front desk.
- In case of inclement weather, please choose one of the following options to find out about any Healthworks schedule changes:
- Watch WRAL-TV
- Log onto www.wral.com, click on “closing & delays”
- Call 919-350-8602
- Healthworks Contact Information:
- Address: 3000 New Bern Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27610
- Phone: 919-350-8602
Thank you for choosing WakeMed Healthworks!