Information & Forms for WakeMed Volunteer Applicants
Thank you for your interest in the volunteer program at WakeMed Health & Hospitals. In addition to submitting an application, there are several items to complete prior to beginning your volunteer experience. These include completion of:
- To schedule an appointment with WakeMed Raleigh Campus Volunteer Services call 919-350-8293.
- To schedule an appointment with WakeMed Cary Hospital Volunteer Services call 919-350-2363.
A Criminal Background Check Form and Fair Credit Reporting Act Disclosure & Authorization Form – Criminal Background Check Form (Adult applicants only)
A Junior Volunteer Stipulations Form - Junior Volunteer Stipulations Form (Teen applicants only)
An orientation packet that will be provided to you after your interview.
Health Screenings – (more information about these health screenings will also be provided after your interview)
- Two-step tuberculosis test - At least one of these tests is to be administered by WakeMed Occupational Health & Safety Services at no charge to you. Please come prepared to provide your Social Security or ITIN number to Occupational Health. Learn more about tuberculosis surveillance.
- Immunization compliance - All volunteer staff must provide one of the following:
- written documentation from a physician regarding having had the diseases listed below
- an official copy of immunization records for the diseases listed below
- Health Department records regarding information associated with having had the diseases listed below
- previous serology records to provide proof of information about having had the diseases listed below.
If your records are not available, Occupational Health & Safety Services will draw titers and will provide vaccines. They will also screen for current Tetanus or Tetanus/Diphtheria (Tdap).
Hepatitis B vaccine will be offered to volunteers working in patient care areas where the potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids exists. If a volunteer has been vaccinated and does not have documentation of the vaccine, Occupational Health will provide the titer.
These records must be maintained in your confidential Occupational Health Record according to The Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
||2 MMR vaccines, or positive titer for Measles, Mumps, Rubella
||Diphtheria/Tetanus or Tdap
||Recommended within past 10 years; Tdap is required for assignments in Women & Children’s Services or the Emergency Departments
||Positive titer or 2 vaccines
||TB/TST (Tuberculin Skin Test)
||Administered within the past 12 months; all new volunteers must have a TST upon acceptance into the volunteer program, regardless of when last test unless contraindicated by allergy or history of positive TST. A baseline chest x-ray may be required if you have had a positive TST. A copy of negative chest x-ray report within the prior 12 months will be accepted. BCG is not a contraindication for TST.
If you have any questions, you may contact Occupational Health & Safety
Tours Are Also Available
Call the number associated with location of your interest if you have any questions, and thank you again for your interest in volunteering with WakeMed Health & Hospitals